We offer an experienced team of specialists, comprised of attorneys and law librarians from all over the world.
We provide legal advice and assistance in all areas of:
- National Legal Systems,
- International private and public law,
- Law of the European Union.
Our staff is available to answer specific legal questions from individuals, private clients, attorneys, notaries, courts, and governmental agencies and personnel. We provide both legal opinions and comparative legal studies.
- holds over 300,000 titles in approximately 60 languages (legislative materials, court decisions, treaties, leading commentaries, treatises, and law reviews). The catalogue is available on-line,
- a reference service is available to provide research advice and assistance,
- the library also offers a European Documentation Centre.
The Institute offers training and research opportunities for young jurists and lawyers through the van Calker Scholarship Program, as well as visitors from Switzerland and abroad.