The European Documentation Centre (EDC) of the « Fondation Jean Monnet pour lEurope » at the Swiss Institute of Comparative Law (SICL) in Lausanne is located in close proximity to the collections of laws of the individual Member States.
The EDC is the most substantial source of EU information, having specialist staff with experience in getting the most out of both the paper collection, which is multidisciplinary and covers all fields of European Union policy a well as from the increasing amount of relevant material that is available electronically.
The EDC provides access to the official documentation published by the European Union such as a complete collection of EU legislation:
- Official Journal of the European Union (L & C series)
- PE documents, reports from the Committees of the European Parliament
- COM documents of the European Commission
- Case law of the Court of Justice and Court of First Instance of the European Communities
- Commercial reference publications and textbooks
- Commercial journals and newspapers
- Research reports
- Glossaries and dictionaries.
All documents are publicly accessible through the online electronic catalogue (OPAC) of the SICL.